Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Walk and Run

So I have decided to participate in the Thanksgiving Walk and Run and help the Alzheimers Society of Calgary in raising money. Since I have been away in Australia my grandma's Alzheimer's has gotten to the point that she is now in an assisted living as my Grandpa cannot support her, and when I went for a visit upon my return to Canada, she did not know who I was. It has been a long battle for my Grandma, and to come home and not have her remember me hit me hard. My sister and I have now decided to help the Society so this does not happen to future generations, including my parents and my own.
If you have a few spare dollars, I would greatly appreciate the help, however I understand if you are unable as I know it is impossible to support everything out there.
If you can, the website is: www.giving.runningroom.com and enter my name under 'pledge an athlete.
Thanks for your help and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment