Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brrrrrr

I lived in the arctic for 2 and a half years, and I just don't get used to the cold!! Yesterday we got down to -28 with a wind chill of at least -32, and it is still friggin cold! I was so close to pulling out my massive NorthFace down-filled jacket, but I didn't. I do have my scarf, touque and 2 pairs of mitts though!
And with this cold cold weather, the roads haven't had a chance to get better. There is still ice everywhere, and the residential communities are skating rinks. I still only go 70 on the main roads, and even that is rare. This evening I worked at one of the local hospices and we were allowed to move our cars into the heated underground parking. My car was there for over an hour, and it barely warmed up and there was still snow on parts of my car. Plus, I stopped at Walmart on my way home hoping it was open till midnight, I turned on my internal lights to get my wallet, and when I got out and locked my car, the light didn't turn off. I thought I had left it on when I was looking for my wallet, but no, it was not turning off! Walmart ended up being closed though so I had to drive home with my internal lights on. I thought I was going to have to call my Dad in the morning as my battery would die from having the lights on all night, I even backed into my garage, which was a chore! However, after leaving my car in the garage for about 45 minutes, I checked in on it and the lights had turned off; *sigh of relief!
The forecast is for one more cold cold day, then it is supposed to get warmer, in fact above zero by friday! All I want is it to get warm enough to clear the ice off the roads. In fact, I like the snow, it is so beautiful! But, I won't be here for the warm weather as I head off to England tomorrow. Hopefully when I get back the more decent weather is sticking around and I can get back to enjoying the drive in my beautiful car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment